Saving Tips During Tips By Installing Fireplace
A natural gas fireplace and gas logs give you all the cozy warmth and comfort of a traditional fireplace—with none of the hassles and hazards of a wood fire.
Natural Gas Fireplaces
Choosing a Natural Gas Fireplace
There are three types of natural gas fireplaces you can choose for your home:
- Fireplace inserts: If you already have a wood-burning fireplace, you can easily convert it to natural gas. Inserts fit into your existing fireplace and use your home’s existing chimney.
- Direct vent fireplaces: These sealed units draw outside air in and don’t need a chimney or flue—they’re the ideal solution if you don’t have an existing chimney.
- Freestanding fireplaces: These can be installed almost anywhere in your home, often with little or no renovation. And they’re another great option if you don’t have a chimney.
To keep your new natural gas fireplace working safely and efficiently:
- Have it serviced every year by MARA AIR.
- Review your manufacturer’s instructions for maintenance and use.
- Never leave children alone near a gas fireplace. Use a screen or protective barrier to keep them away from the glass.
- Do not place flammable materials near your fireplace.
- If your pilot light or flame goes out, follow the lighting steps in your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure that your fireplace is turned completely off when not in use.
- Never wipe the glass of a hot fireplace with a damp cloth. It could cause the glass to crack.
- Never use a fireplace with cracked glass until a qualified heating contractor has inspected and, if necessary, repaired it.
Natural Gas Logs
Natural gas logs turn your existing wood fireplace into a beautiful, easy-to-use natural gas fireplace.
They’ll look just like a real wood-burning fire—without the mess of smoke, soot and ashes.
Benefits of Natural Gas Logs
Because of their unique design, you can burn natural gas logs when your fireplace doors are closed.
And because they fit most masonry and prefabricated fireplaces, there’s a good chance they’ll work in your fireplace with minimal modification.